Free auto-translation service for books and manuscripts? No, thank you
#TFBookClub reads “Aphrodite’s Tears” set in THE CYCLADES, GREECE
19th February 2018
#TFBookClub March/April 2018
Our first six outings for the #TFBookClub have seen us travel the world, seeing different locations through the eyes of authors:
- We have so far been #OnLiteraryLocation with Rosanna Ley’s The Little Theatre By The Sea (SARDINIA)
- We have explored the sense of history in PRAGUE, reading Prague Nights by Benjamin Black
- We have been on a real adventure to CENTRAL AMERICA with Maile Meloy’s Do Not Become Alarmed
- We have been immersed in an intense relationship between two female writers in Exquisite by Sarah Stovell, set in NORTHUMBERLAND and the LAKE DISTRICT,
- We have met Harriet Steel’s Inspector de Silva in 1930s CEYLON (now SRI LANKA), experiencing Trouble in Nuala.
- And most recently we have time-travelled to exotic GRANADA in historic ANDALUCIA SPAIN with Jane Johnson’s Court of Lions
Our latest #TFBookClub outing is to the beautiful CYCLADES in GREECE.
In Hannah Fielding’s Aphrodite’s Tears a young archaeologist travels to the remote island of Helios (based on the island of Santorini) to investigate an ancient shipwreck, becoming caught in a web of dark obsession, mystery and seduction.
In ancient Greece, one of the twelve labours of Hercules was to bring back a golden apple from the Garden of Hesperides. To archaeologist Oriel Anderson, joining a team of Greek divers on the island of Helios seems like the golden apple of her dreams.Yet the dream becomes a nightmare when she meets the devilish owner of the island, Damian Theodorakis.
In shocked recognition, she is flooded with the memory of a romantic night in a stranger’s arms, six summers ago. A very different man stands before her now, and Oriel senses that the sardonic Greek autocrat is hell-bent on playing a cat and mouse game with her. As they cross swords and passions mount, Oriel is aware that malevolent eyes watch her from the shadows. Dark rumours are whispered about the Theodorakis family.
What dangers lie in Helios: a bewitching land where ancient rituals are still enacted to appease the gods, young men risk their lives in the treacherous depths of the Ionian Sea, and the volatile earth can erupt at any moment? Will Oriel find the hidden treasures she seeks? Or will Damian s tragic past catch up with them, threatening to engulf them both?
Be inspired to join us reading “Aphrodite’s Tears” – check out this video….
Apply for a copy to read along:
If you would like to apply for a copy to read along with us during March and early April 2018, just leave a COMMENT below and tell us whether you prefer paper (UK only) or digital or either – by midnight, 28th February 2018. The first names out of the hat on THURSDAY 1st March 2018 will be sent copies of the book. After that we can all start turning the pages and share our thoughts over the subsequent weeks.
We will be in touch at the beginning of March if you are one of our lucky readers! Don’t forget, applications close midnight, 28th February 2018!
Andrew and Tina for the TripFiction team
Do come and join team TripFiction on Social Media: