- Location(s): Guildford
- Genre(s): Historical, Fiction
- Era(s): Second World War and Present Day
1944: newly recruited SOE agent Elisabeth Shepherd is faced with an impossible mission: to parachute behind enemy lines into Nazi-occupied France to monitor the new long-range missiles the Germans are working on. Her only advice? Trust absolutely no one....
- Location(s): Vietnam, Coronado Island
- Genre(s): Fiction, Historical
- Era(s): 1960s
It would be the journey of a lifetime . . . ‘Women can be heroes, too’. When twenty-year-old nursing student, Frances “Frankie” McGrath, hears these unexpected words, it is a revelation. Raised on California’s idyllic Coronado Island and sheltered...
- Location(s): Afghanistan
- Genre(s): Anthology, Fiction
- Era(s): Looking back over 2,500 years
In the Western mind, Afghanistan has come to mean many things in recent decades, most of them bad. Partly thanks to the relentless media coverage of the “War on Terror”, it has become synonymous above all with war and...
- Location(s): London
- Genre(s): Autobiography/Memoirs, Nonfiction
- Era(s): Early 21st Century
Something strange occurs to guests as soon as they check in. Even if in real life they are perfectly well-mannered, decent people with proper balanced relationships, as soon as they spin through the revolving hotel doors the normal rules...