Dystopian novel set in SOUTH EAST FRANCE
#TFBookClub reads “Court of Lions” set in GRANADA, SPAIN
17th December 2017
#TFBookClub January/February 2018
Our first five outings for the #TFBookClub have seen us travel the world with our noses in a book:
- We have so far been #OnLiteraryLocation with Rosanna Ley’s The Little Theatre By The Sea (SARDINIA)
- We have explored the sense of history in PRAGUE, reading Prague Nights by Benjamin Black
- We have been on a real adventure to CENTRAL AMERICA with Maile Meloy’s Do Not Become Alarmed
- We have been immersed in an intense relationship between two female writers in Exquisite by Sarah Stovell, set in NORTHUMBERLAND and the LAKE DISTRICT,
- And most recently we have met Harriet Steel’s Inspector de Silva in 1930s CEYLON (now SRI LANKA), experiencing Trouble in Nuala.
Our new #TFBookClub outing is to exotic GRANADA in historical ANDALUCIA, near the southern tip of SPAIN.
In Jane Johnson’s Court of Lions, Kate Fordham, escaping terrible trauma, has fled to the beautiful sunlit city of Granada, the ancient capital of the Moors in Spain. Here, she is scraping by with an unfulfilling job in a busy bar. One day in the glorious gardens of the Alhambra, once home to Sultan Abu Abdullah Mohammed, also known as Boabdil, Kate finds a scrap of paper hidden in one of the ancient walls. Upon it, in strange symbols, has been inscribed a message from another age. It has lain undiscovered since before the Fall of Granada in 1492, when the city was surrendered to Queen Isabella and King Ferdinand. Born of love, in a time of danger and desperation, the fragment will be the catalyst that changes Kate’s life forever.
An epic saga of romance and redemption, Court of Lions brings one of the great turning-points in history to life, telling the stories of a modern woman and the last Moorish sultan of Granada, as they both move towards their cataclysmic destinies.
Apply for a copy to read along on this link as we now have a separate tab on the website for the #TFBookClub
A big thank you to Suzanne Sangster at the publishers Head of Zeus for providing our copies.
Andrew and Tina for the TripFiction team
Do come and join team TripFiction on Social Media: