- Location(s): London, Northern Ireland
- Genre(s): Fiction
- Era(s): Late 20th century
A powerful debut set in Belfast and London in the latter years of the twentieth century. The Troubles turned Northern Ireland into a ghost factory: as the manufacturing industry withered, the death business boomed. In trying to come to...
- Location(s): The Lake District
- Genre(s): Children, Historical
- Era(s): Late 1800s
The Lake District, 1899. The Earl is dead and cruel Cousin Clarence has inherited everything. Twelve-year-old Lady Agatha Asquith is cast out of Gosswater Hall to live in a tiny, tumbledown cottage with a stranger who claims to be...
- Location(s): Fuerteventura
- Genre(s): Mystery
- Era(s): Contemporary
English psychic Clarissa Wilkinson is holidaying in the Canary Islands. Hoping to have an adventure, she boards a tour bus bound for Villa Winter, a secret Nazi base on the idyllic island of Fuerteventura. Instead, she discovers a body...
- Location(s): Dumfries and Galloway
- Genre(s): Paranormal
- Era(s): Modern
Five years after the death of his wife, MacAoidh Armstrong moves into a smallholding in southern Scotland with the intention of living a self-sufficient existence. Although he’s heard the steading has a reputation for being haunted, the pragmatic Highlander...
- Location(s): Venice, Verona
- Genre(s): Historical, Romance
- Era(s): Late 1400s to early 1500s, with a present-day framework
The discovery of an ancient Italian manuscript gives rise to a fascinating question: What if the story of Romeo & Juliet really did happen in 15th-century Italy – and what if it didn’t happen quite the way we think...
- Location(s): Merthyr Tydfil
- Genre(s): Fiction
- Era(s): 2013 looking back to mid 19th Century
Merthyr Tydfil in 1844 is a frontier town on the cutting edge of the industrial revolution where wealth and crime walk hand in hand. Introduced just a few years earlier, the Glamorgan Constabulary fight to take control of this...
- Location(s): United Kingdom, China
- Genre(s): Fiction, Psychological Thriller
- Era(s): Current
Winifred Rigby is proud of having no memory – an achievement she attributes to years of Buddhist meditation (and a profound epiphany on a mountain in Taiwan). Determined to get the old Winnie back, her staunchly Catholic mother and...