- Location(s): Laos
- Genre(s): Thriller, Fiction
- Era(s): late 20th century
There is something intoxicating about a secret. There’s something terrifying about a shadow war. You may not know much about Laos or the world of WHITE POWDER. You aren’t supposed to. Drugs, sex, and murder combined with personal and...
- Location(s): New York City (NYC)
- Genre(s): Fiction
White Shroud is considered by many as the most important work of modernist fiction in Lithuanian. Drawing heavily on the author’s own refugee and immigrant experience, this psychological, stream-of-consciousness work tells the story of an émigré poet working as...
- Location(s): Canada, Israel, Israel, Palestine, Palestine
- Genre(s): Historical, Fiction
- Era(s): 19th century to 1990s
White Zion takes readers into the worlds of 19th century Yemen, pre-State British Mandate Israel, modern Israel and modern Canada. You will hear the voices of a young boy marveling at Israel’s first air force on his own roof,...
- Location(s): The Black Country
- Genre(s): Autobiography/Memoirs
- Era(s): 20th century
In 1975, a gangly black 16-year-old from Dudley, decked out in floppy bow tie and Frank Spencer beret, appeared on our TV screens for the first time. So began the transformation from apprentice factory worker to future national treasure...