Talking Location With … author Simon Carr, Beira Beixa, Portugal
#TFBookClub reads “One Cornish Summer” set in CORNWALL
19th June 2018
#TFBookClub July/August 2018
#TFBookClub reads “One Cornish Summer” set in Cornwall.
Our first eight outings for the #TFBookClub have seen us travel the world, seeing different locations through the eyes of authors:
- We have so far been #OnLiteraryLocation in SARDINIA with Rosanna Ley’s The Little Theatre By The Sea
- We have explored the sense of history in PRAGUE, reading Prague Nights by Benjamin Black
- We have been on a real adventure to CENTRAL AMERICA with Maile Meloy’s Do Not Become Alarmed
- We have been immersed in an intense relationship between two female writers in Exquisite by Sarah Stovell, set in NORTHUMBERLAND and the LAKE DISTRICT,
- We have met Harriet Steel’s Inspector de Silva in 1930s CEYLON (now SRI LANKA), experiencing Trouble in Nuala
- We have time-travelled to exotic GRANADA in historic ANDALUCIA SPAIN with Jane Johnson’s Court of Lions
- We have dived into the beautiful CYCLADES in GREECE with Hannah Fielding’s Aphrodite’s Tears
- And most recently we have returned to CEYLON (now SRI LANKA) with The Sapphire Widow by Dinah Jefferies
Our latest #TFBookClub outing takes us to beautiful CORNWALL, with One Cornish Summer by Liz Fenwick.
Against the beauty of Cornwall, a story of two women struggling with their past: one cannot remember hers, the other cannot forget…
When Hebe receives a life-changing diagnosis at only 53, she struggles to make sense of what it will mean for her, her job and the man she loves. With memories slipping away by the day, she flees to the one place she has always felt safe and peaceful – Cornwall, and the house her family spent so many summers in.
Lucy is having her own crisis, and seizes the chance to follow her aunt to Cornwall. Curious about what has driven Hebe there after so many years, she also has to battle with the secret she has kept since her family’s last summer there more than ten years ago.
Both women will learn that memories live in our hearts and that sharing secrets can set you free… But can they find their way back to the things that are truly important to them?
Join us in reading One Cornish Summer to find out what happens to Hebe and to Lucy in this idyllic county.
Apply for a copy to read along:
If you would like to apply for a copy to read along with us during July and early August 2018, just leave a COMMENT below and tell us whether you prefer PAPER (UK only) or DIGITAL (via Netgalley) or EITHER – by midnight, 30th June 2018. The first names out of the hat on SUNDAY 1st July 2018 will be sent copies of the book. After that we can all start turning the pages and share our thoughts over the subsequent weeks.
We will be in touch at the beginning of July if you are one of our lucky readers! Don’t forget, applications close midnight, 30th June 2018!
Andrew and Tina for the TripFiction team
Do come and join team TripFiction on Social Media: