- Location(s): Iran, London, Mazareh
- Genre(s): Fiction
- Era(s): Mid 1900s onwards
come. Richmond Hill in London is a far cry from where Maryam Mazar was born and raised, the little village of Mazareh in Iran, but this affluent suburb is where she has lived for more than forty years. She...
- Location(s): Afghanistan, Iran, Pakistan
- Genre(s): Fiction, Short Stories
- Era(s): Late 20th Century
This book is set in the heart of the stateless stretch of mountains where the borders of Pakistan, Afghanistan and Iran meet: an area now in the news and seen as lawless, and rulled by tribal Taliban, but pre...
- Location(s): Tehran
- Genre(s): Fiction, Historical
- Era(s): 1979
“Whirlwind” is the story of three weeks in Tehran in February 1979: three weeks of fanaticism, passion, self-sacrifice and heartbreak. Caught between the revolutionaries and the forces of international intrigue is a team of professional pilots. They are ordered...