Novel set in post pandemic Galveston
The TripFiction Book Club July/August ’19 reads ‘A Summer Reunion’ by Fanny Blake
20th June 2019
For those TripFiction fans who don’t already know, we have a TripFiction Book Club that we kicked off back in March 2017 with a romantic journey to beautiful Sardinia, along with author Rosanna Ley and her vivid characters.
Head over to the separate #TFBookClub page or find us on social media to hear about the latest book we’re reading. This is the place where we all meet to read and exchange views on location-based novels of interest. Every two months we select a book, give out a number of paperback copies (UK only) and digital copies for those who prefer that format, and for those who are outside the UK, and start the dialogue. It’s a great way to read a good book in the company of others, and to join in the discussions.
And in July and August join us in MALLORCA for the skilfully woven story of old friendships, secrets and lies ‘A Summer Reunion’ by Fanny Blake. For more information click on the #TFBookClub link (apply HERE by 30th June for a copy).
Our first fourteen outings for the #TFBookClub have seen us travel the world, seeing different locations through the eyes of authors:
- We have so far been #OnLiteraryLocation in SARDINIA with Rosanna Ley’s The Little Theatre By The Sea
- We have explored the sense of history in PRAGUE, reading Prague Nights by Benjamin Black
- We have been on a real adventure to CENTRAL AMERICA with Maile Meloy’s Do Not Become Alarmed
- We have been immersed in an intense relationship between two female writers in Exquisite by Sarah Stovell, set in NORTHUMBERLAND and the LAKE DISTRICT,
- We have met Harriet Steel’s Inspector de Silva in 1930s CEYLON (now SRI LANKA), experiencing Trouble in Nuala
- We have time-travelled to exotic GRANADA in historic ANDALUCIA SPAIN with Jane Johnson’s Court of Lions
- We have dived into the beautiful CYCLADES in GREECE with Hannah Fielding’s Aphrodite’s Tears
- We have returned to CEYLON (now SRI LANKA) with The Sapphire Widow by Dinah Jefferies
- We have gone west to CORNWALL with One Cornish Summer by Liz Fenwick
- We travelled to NORWAY, SCOTLAND and FRANCE with The Sixteen Trees of the Somme by Lars Mytting
- We were in wintry WALES with dark crime thriller Halfway by B. E. Jones
- We’ve been immersed in a chilling winter in SWEDEN with Red Snow by Will Dean
- We have explored the art world in LONDON, NEW YORK CITY, ROME & the SOUTH OF FRANCE with The Italian Teacher by Tom Rachman.
- And most recently we’ve been on a whimsical pilgrimage to IRELAND with the big-hearted, funny and sad debut novel Future Popes of Ireland by Darragh Martin
Andrew and Tina for the TripFiction team
Do come and join team TripFiction on Social Media: