TripFiction’s top 10 books of 2018
The TripFiction Book Club reading Red Snow by Will Dean, set in Sweden
30th November 2018
For those TripFiction fans who don’t already know, we have a TripFiction Book Club that we kicked off back in March 2017 with a romantic journey to beautiful Sardinia, along with author Rosanna Ley and her vivid characters.
Head over to the separate #TFBookClub page or find us on social media to hear about the latest book we’re reading. This is the place where we all meet to read and exchange views on location-based novels of interest. Every two months we select a book, give out a number of paperback copies (UK only) and digital copies for those who prefer that format, and for those who are outside the UK , and start the dialogue. It’s a great way to read a good book in the company of others, and to join in the discussions.
Our first eleven outings for the #TFBookClub have seen us travel the world, seeing different locations through the eyes of authors:
- We have so far been #OnLiteraryLocation in SARDINIA with Rosanna Ley’s The Little Theatre By The Sea
- We have explored the sense of history in PRAGUE, reading Prague Nights by Benjamin Black
- We have been on a real adventure to CENTRAL AMERICA with Maile Meloy’s Do Not Become Alarmed
- We have been immersed in an intense relationship between two female writers in Exquisite by Sarah Stovell, set in NORTHUMBERLAND and the LAKE DISTRICT,
- We have met Harriet Steel’s Inspector de Silva in 1930s CEYLON (now SRI LANKA), experiencing Trouble in Nuala
- We have time-travelled to exotic GRANADA in historic ANDALUCIA SPAIN with Jane Johnson’s Court of Lions
- We have dived into the beautiful CYCLADES in GREECE with Hannah Fielding’s Aphrodite’s Tears
- We have returned to CEYLON (now SRI LANKA) with The Sapphire Widow by Dinah Jefferies
- We have gone west to CORNWALL with One Cornish Summer by Liz Fenwick
- We travelled to NORWAY, SCOTLAND and FRANCE with The Sixteen Trees of the Somme by Lars Mytting
- And most recently we were in wintry WALES with dark crime thriller Halfway by B. E. Jones
And in January and February, join us in SWEDEN for an ice-cold crime thriller by Will Dean. For more information click on the #TFBookClub link (apply here by 10th December for a copy).
And do come and join team TripFiction on Social Media: